Reese ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Keeton Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Keeton Michele White

We arrived at the hospital at 5:15 and they immediately started getting me ready for the C-section: putting in the IV (OUCH!!), doing paperwork, etc. I was very anxious and excited to finally meet our baby girl. At 6:50 they were ready to take me back to the operating room... after some hugs and kisses they walked me down to the operating room. I'll admit I was nervous about the Spinal... but it really wasn't bad at all. After a few minutes of waiting until I was numb and them getting things ready it was time for the to get started. It wasn't long before Dr. Sharp said, "We are well underway, but we don't see the baby yet." A few minutes later he said, "Well, Jennifer she is beautiful but she is bald as a cucumber." I was anxious to find out how much she weighed... and she weighed 7 pounds and 11 ounces and she was 19 1/4 inches long. I couldn't believe that I guessed her weight correctly in the baby weight poll!! A mother knows best. They brought her around for me to look at very briefly before they cleaned her up, so I couldn't wait to see her again after being cleaned up. I was anxious to see her again... they finally brought her around to me and she was precious (what I could see of her.... you know how they have them so wrapped up). We got ready to leave the operating room and they let me hold Keeton as they wheeled me back to the room. When I had Reese Jonathan walked her back to the room before I was even finished in the operating room. So it was very different this time, but it was better because I mean you have the baby and get cut on etc. and then the Daddy gets to share the sneak peek at the baby and not you! I really felt great after the C-section. I was so glad to get to "plan" the date of her delivery and get to wear some make-up for all of the photo opps. I did get sick later in the day, we think it was from the morphine. (I"m sorry to those who came to visit and got to seem me throw up).Anyway.... all went well and I was so glad that she was here and healthy!! We're so excited to add another beautiful baby girl to our family. Oh, and by the way Reese is doing GREAT as a big sister. She is loving having a baby sister to show off and she hasn't been jealous at all. She is an excellent helper and wants to be in on everything we do with Keeton! Thanks everyone for the visits, the food, the gifts, the gifts for Reese, and most importantly the prayers!!! Check out the pictures.....





2 comments:

  1. So glad you all are doing well! She is so precious Jenn. Can't wait to see more pics! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a link back from my website that I wasn't sure of so I checked it out and Whoa-Nelly! Time has flown by! I didn't know you had already had your baby. I ♥ her name! Reese is adorable as ever. I bet she is a mess and a half now. Anyway, glad to know you have a blog and I can keep up with y'all a little bit! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Voting