I'm posting this late, as usual. Keeton celebrated her first birthday July 17th. I can't believe a year has flown by. I remember the night before my scheduled C-section, staying awake all night because I was so anxious to meet our precious baby girl. She has been such a blessing to our family.
She started walking at 11 months and she is fast! She is into EVERYTHING! My house constantly looks like a tornado has hit. She enjoys pulling everything out of the drawers.
She started walking at 11 months and she is fast! She is into EVERYTHING! My house constantly looks like a tornado has hit. She enjoys pulling everything out of the drawers.
She is a wonderful eater. She loves to eat and eats a lot!
She is very ticklish and has this contagious laugh.
She absolutely loves her paci. (This is going to be a problem later). We've started trying to take her paci away from her when she is awake. She does fine without it, but occasionally she starts whining and looking for it. She doesn't talk much, and it is probably because she has had the paci in her mouth all of the time. She says, "mama", "dada" , "bye bye", "bite", "hello" and some other things we can't quite understand yet :) She has said, "sissy" before, but she doesn't say it regularly. Her favorite words lately are , "dog" and "uh-oh". She says these over and over..
She is a wonderful sleeper! She sleeps about 10-11 hrs at night. (This is the number 1 reason I dread taking away the paci).
Every time she hears music, she starts dancing.
She gives "five' and she holds her hand out for you to give her "five".
She loves to play with phones and will hold it up to her head and say, "hello". I would say a phone is her favorite toy.
She shakes her head no (very dramatically, I might add). For example, if I am holding her and I say, "Do you want to go to Daddy?" she shakes her head (as well as her whole body) no! It is so funny.
She is relating objects to their uses. For example, she tries to brush her hair with the hair brush, she knows sunglasses go on your head.
She is now trying to feed herself with the spoon/ fork. She makes a huge mess, but she does pretty well.
She LOVES to give kisses! She will give a kiss on command. They are the sweetest open mouthed kisses.
She is such a happy baby. Her teachers at daycare say that she is "full of life". I love that.....
Here are some pics...
Keeton in her hot pink and zebra tutu.
Family photo

Her birthday cake
She is loving her cake.

She was sharing her cake w/ Reese and anyone else who wanted a bite. 








No comments:
Post a Comment